Dearest friends and associates, Facebook bugs me.
I think I contemplate deleting my Facebook profile several times a week.
If it weren’t for these following reasons, I would’ve deleted my profile two years ago:
- It was a great way for me to be nosy and find out what my high school friends and frenemies were up to.
- I use Facebook to post my blog updates on my cool blog pages.
- I am addicted to Facebook games.
- All my relatives (except my immediate family) live far away and I feel the need to keep in contact with them recently. That’s what “grown-ups” do, right?
- For any of my friends who don’t call, text, email (do people even do that anymore), tweet, or skype me, I have to use the most useless Facebook chat that never works.
Other than that, I hate using Facebook. It’s my least favorite social networking… thingy that I have to use. Personally Twitter is less obnoxious. And I’m am all for blogging, tumbl-ing, and pinning (I hope you know what those terms mean). Less talking and more listening.
But with Facebook, I have to hide every other thing someone on my friends’ list puts on their Facebook wall. Stupid Facebook feed. Don’t you know I don’t want to read half that crap.
So why don’t I just delete those people? Well, I already deleted more than a hundred people when I graduated college. Man, that was awesome! And the people I kept fell under these categories: People I’m friends with, people I was friends with in high school and are still pretty cool, people I haven’t gotten around to deleting yet, and people I’m only friends with because my college stressed the importance of networking to get a job.
All of these reasons are why I still have a Facebook. Until the glorious day comes when I can delete my profile, I have to suck it up and endure the annoyances that come my way. Which brings me to my reason for this post.
Here are the 10 Reasons Why I Hate Facebook:
- Terrible animal cruelty pictures. You know the ones. “We are looking for the person who killed this dog. Tell re-post this to find the criminal.” Why the hell do you feel the need to re-post someone murdering an animal?
- Politics.People I’ve been friends with for years feel the need to share their political views and/or ignorance on topics that they should probably research more on. Like the Occupy movements. Do people even know why it started? Not my Facebook friends who spam my feed.
- Pity you, pity you. The people who want you to feel bad for their sadness…EVERY DAY. What am I suppose to do? Nevermind, I don’t care.
- People who like trying to push guilt on other people via Facebook. “Repost this or you have no heart and hate [insert cause or specific group of people]”. Really? Am I really a bad person for not telling you all the causes I support by not re-posting your post. Screw you.
- Everyone re-posting the same thing. I’ll admit it. I’m guilty of re-posting hilarious things that 5 of my friends have already posted. But it’s an epidemic.
- Married or new couples who post how much they love each other on their walls EVERY DAY! I never did that when I was in a relationship. Why? Because it’s obnoxious.
- Attention whores. “I went to the bathroom and found a penny. Now I’m eating lunch. My dog barked cutely. I’m going to take a nap after I eat my sandwich.” News Flash: I don’t care.
- Invasion of privacy. I know a lot of people talk about this, but here are the reasons why I don’t live my privacy being invaded: Umm no you can’t subscribe to my facebook wall without knowing me. Or look through my pictures. And why is that I can’t actually delete my account,but just deactivate it??? Creeeeepy.
- Stupid ads that show up in my sidebar that have nothing to do with me. How about the ads that have really disturbing, unrelated images? Leave me alone!!!
- Facebook chat is ridiculous. As I said before Facebook chat that never works. And for some reason it puts all my friends’ replies in my Facebook inbox (who thought that was a smart idea? I already see your message!). I have to resend the same message probably 30 times. After I sign in and out several times, then it sends my message? What kind of logic is that?
I’m going to stick to Facebook until Google+ get’s better or until it gets so ridiculous that I have to go back to Myspace. Ewww Myspace.
Now excuse me while I go delete a few people because of some of the above reasons.
What do you hate about Facebook?