That title got your attention right? Heh. Good. I can call myself a copywriter now.
In all seriousness, I gather you all here today to view the awesomeness that is some of the most innovative music videos I’ve seen in the past few years.
As you may or may not know, I make music videos for a living…whenever I’m not getting paid to write. Every week I like to watch at least 10 new music videos. Dissecting them, gawking at the terribleness of costume and set designs, and swooning over shot designs, it’s a good habit to have for me to study my art.
Though lately I’ve found music videos that do not follow your standard music video. When I say mind blowing & innovative, I place them in one or more of these categories:
- Has hypnotizing-ly awesome choreography.
- Has such amazing set design that you wish you could own your own room/location just like it.
- The storyline makes you fall in love with the song even more.
- The camera movement is ridiculous. In a good way.
- Leaves you thinking, “Da f*** did I just watch?” while feeling the need to watch it again.
Have I mentioned how much I love music videos?
Furthermore, I’ve decided to create my own list of music videos that have left me speechless, caused me to post anywhere and everywhere social media style, and will forever be on my list of the Best Music Videos of All Time.
I’ve narrowed it down to 10 videos within the last 3 years. From any genre, country, and underground scene, I plan on posting my favorites within the next few weeks. The first one will be posted later today.
Followers: I’m taking recommendations. I’m always up for spending more hours in front of my computer, watching music videos non-stop.
Image Source: Rob Boudon